What will my app look like?
AppNotch uses the web application (or website) that you have already designed as the user interface of your mobile app. All the look, feel and functionalities of your website will operate within your mobile app.
For example shopping cart, blogs, social media platforms, YouTube videos, login, etc. will all work properly within your app.
What features will be available on my app?
- Unlimited Push Notification, Push notification log, Geo-targeting push notifications
- Web links
- Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Web links
- Good Technology Security
- Quick Calls
- Simplify Commerce
- and constantly adding features that will increase your brand awareness, sales, and customers.
What does the different status mean in the App Dashboard?
If all steps are completed and the app has been submitted to be built, it goes through multiple validation checks before getting built. List of statuses and their meaning:
App Review – Waiting for an Admin to review and submit the app to Google Play/iTunes
Awaiting Review– App built successfully and is now waiting for our publishers to take the request for review.
Build Failed – An error occurred with the compiling of the Application (Don’t worry, we’ll fix the issue as soon as possible)
Building – Foundry has picked up the request and app is being compiled
Live – App has been moved to this status by an Admin to signify the app is approved and available in Google Play / iTunes
Missing Info – Build was SUCCESSFUL but while in App Review, an Admin found missing information for publishing to the store ( Go to Step 8 and Click Missing Info after you have updated the missing items)
Pending – Build has NOT been submitted for store review, but user has paid.
Private – App is a private app, and successfully built and hosted on App47 (it is otherwise the same as ‘Live’)
Processing – Build request is in the queue
Ready – DIY Users when their build is ready (successfully built)
Store Reject – Build was rejected by the App Store
Store Review – App has been submitted to the store and awaiting approval from Google Play/iTunes
Trial – Build has NOT been submitted, nor has any payment information been set
What do I need to build and publish my app to App stores?
- Mobile Friendly or Responsive URL
- Valid Email Address
Branding Images for Google and Apple:
- A square image that will be used for your App Icon and will also displayed in the App store. Dimension in Pixels: 1024 width x 1024 height in PNG or JPEG format
- A rectangular Portrait-oriented image that will be displayed while your app is loading. Dimension in Pixels: 720 width x 1280 height in PNG or JPEG format
- A rectangular Landscape-oriented image to be displayed in the Google Store. Dimension in Pixels: 1024 width x 500 height in PNG or JPEG format
App Store Information:
- A name for your app
- A short description less than 80 characters
- A long description less than 4000 characters
- Categorize your app (a primary & a secondary) from the list of choices provided
- A minimum of two keywords to your app for searches (cannot be copyrighted or trademarked terms)
- Contact details (name, email address and phone #)
Perform a careful, final check by test-driving your app on your phone using the AppNotch Previewer app. Details on how to use it are in Step 7. Be sure to look for typos, test all links and buttons, and verify that all images look sharp and clear.
If you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you, so please call us: +1 (314) 433-3222 or email: Customer Success@Appnotch.com or visit our site: www.AppNotch.com to contact us by Live chat.
What changes do my app require an app store re-submission?
If you’re App is already published and LIVE, some items are not instantly updatable and REQUIRE A RE-SUBMISSION, (and may cost a Re-submission Fee).
- REQURES A RESUBMISSION
- App Icon
- Splash Image
- Store Listing Images (Screen Shots displayed in each App Store)
- App Name
- App Description( Displayed in each App Store)
- App Category
- These Settings Require a Resubmission, because the app approval process by Google and Apple requires a new version of the app
- Resubmissions usually do not take as long as the initial submission, but may take a week for changes to be published.
- DOES NOT REQUIRE RESUBMISSION
- Your Website (Unless changing the Starting URL)
- Enabling/Disabling Caching
- Google Analytics Tracking Id
- Changes That DO NOT Require Re-submission, may take up to an hour to appear or you can reinstall the app to verify.
My app doesn’t look quite right in Step 1, how can I find it?
Some apps may not preview well in Step 1, yet look great on your phone. To check it out, get the free AppNotch Previewer app for your phone. This will let you test-drive your app on your phone before purchasing/publishing.